SkullValley

SkullValley
The way Home

Friday, June 17, 2011

I miss you Dad


DAD IS GONE
The hole in my chest where
My heart used to be
Is
Matched only by the silence in
My head where your
Voice
Echoed.
A man don’t hit women. Give the man a full day’s work for a full day’s pay. Respect your Mother, Son. Be brave. Thank god. Be kind to dogs and kids. Shoot straight, don’t waste your bullets.
These were words that
you made sure  I
Heard,
to forge the copy of Manhood
that had
made
You.
If you fill up the back of the shovel, the front will take care of itself. I want the weeds in the ditch gone when I get home from work. Watch over your sister, (and he booted my butt when I lost her). Take care of your pennies and your dollars will take care of themselves. No man is worth a million dollars a year.
DAD is gone…
The hole in my chest where
My heart used to be
Is filled only by his last words to me,
“And after all, remember…
I love you son.”

Michael D. LeFevre  31 March 2011  ã COPYRIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment